Full Body Simple Daily Workout with Activ5
Isometric exercise is one of the fastest, safest and most effective ways to build strength and endurance, increase your flexibility and improve your balance. However, as with any exercise program, it’s not effective if it’s not done properly. So, we’ve developed the Activ5 Simple Daily Workout Series, which utilizes powerful isometric exercises to focus on the parts of your body that you want to improve the most. Ready for a simple daily workout? Let’s get started!
Activ5 Simple Daily Workout Series Part 1 – Full Body Toning
Variety is the spice of life, but it’s also the key to an effective exercise program. There’s a reason most fitness experts recommend incorporating a variety of exercise types into your workout regimen. If you do the same thing over and over, you’re only working on specific parts of your body. Ideally, your workout program is a combination of exercise types, such as strength training, cardio, interval training, weights, cross fit, yoga, and more.
With the Activ5 isometric fitness device, you can replicate almost any kind of exercise. Your muscle groups never plateau, and your entire body gets fit fast. Activ5 pairs with a smartphone app that calibrates to your fitness level, coaches you through the exercises, and tracks your progress. It even functions as a game controller so the actual exercises become fun, challenging games you play on the app.
In part 1 of the Activ5 Simple Daily Workout Series, we’ll show you the Activ5 version of five core exercises that will give you a muscle-crushing, full body workout in under 30 minutes.
Five Simple Isometric Exercises for a Full Body Workout
There are five basic exercises that have been around since humans have been walking on two legs – the squat, lunge, push-up, pull-up and sit-up. But pull-ups and push-ups can be too difficult for many people and all five can cause muscle strains or other injuries if done improperly. We recommend doing these simple isometric exercises with the Activ5 fitness tracker and app so you can exercise safely and effectively, and also monitor your activity and progress.
The Activ5 version of the isometric squat is the Chair Pose. Often referred to as the “mother” exercise, a properly done squat works almost your entire body with one exercise.
- Stand up straight and place Activ5 between both knees.
- Extend both arms in front of you.
- Bend your knees and slowly squat down as if you’re about to sit in a chair, keeping your hips above your ankles. Stop when you’re a few inches above your “chair.”
- Press Activ5 with your knees as you squeeze your thigh muscles. Your app will tell you how long to hold the pose. Trust us. You’ll feel the burn.
Activ5 has several other simple daily exercises that are based on the squat, such as the Squat Crush and Sumo Squat.
The Activ5 version of the lunge is the Single Leg Deadlift, which is done on both the left and right leg individually. Let’s start with your left foot.
- Step forward with your left foot.
- Lower your hips until both knees are bent at about 90 degrees.
- Place Activ5 on your left leg just above the knee.
- Press Activ5 as you squeeze your leg muscles
- Keep your left heel firmly on the ground. Again, use your app for guidance.
- Repeat with your right leg.
A pull-up requires a great deal of arm and shoulder strength. Activ5 has over a dozen exercises that work the same muscle groups. We’re using the Hook, which works your biceps, shoulders, and core. Do this one sitting down. As with the lunge, you do this for both your left and right arms individually.
- Make a fist with your left hand.
- Bend your left elbow and bring it up until your left arm is parallel to the ground.
- Hold Activ5 in your right hand in front of your left fist.
- Press Activ5 between your left fist and right palm.
- Repeat with your right fist and left palm.
As with the pull-up, the push-up requires a variety of muscle groups, including your chest, and Activ5 has several exercises to develop these muscle groups. Let’s start with the Standing Chest Press.
- Hold Activ5 between both hands in “prayer” position, with your elbows out.
- Press both palms into Activ5 to squeeze your chest muscles.
- Keep both feet firmly on the ground.
Old fashioned sit-ups often result in back injuries. Activ5 gives you a safer sit-up with the Crunch.
- Lay on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground and knees about hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your chest, with Activ5 beneath your palms.
- Contract your core to lift your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Press Activ5 as you squeeze your core muscles.
That’s the Activ5 Full Body Simply Daily Workout. If you already have Activ5, you just worked your arms, abs, shoulders, legs and butt. Your app (and the Activ5 Guide) can show you other exercises that replicate these 5 core exercises.
If you don’t have Activ5, give it a try. You will be amazed at how effective isometric exercises can be. We designed Activ5 to be portable, quick, and easy to use, so you can squeeze in short, full-body, low-impact workouts throughout your day. At your desk, in your car, on the sofa watching TV… pretty much anywhere you are, you can workout with Activ5. Here are just a few features of Activ5:
- Personalized: Activ5 calibrates to your unique strength and fitness level.
- 5 Minute Workouts: Activ5’s isometric exercises are fast and efficient.
- Play Games: The Activ5 device works as a game controller on the app.
- Low Impact: Isometrics uses static muscle exercises. No jumping or running.
Other benefits of isometrics include:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Aiding in weight loss
- Improving range of motion
- Quitting unhealthy habits
- Increasing strength
- Increasing endurance
Over the next few weeks, we’ll show you simple workouts you can do with your Activ5 anywhere and anytime. The Activ5 workout series will strengthen and tighten your body and give you the results you want faster than you thought possible. We are going tone your arms, flatten your abs, build your shoulders, and give your legs and butt the workout of a lifetime!